If you’ve been here before, things have changed a little. We have a wonderful new live performance venue with amazing acoustics. It is still in the Student Center and is called Under the Couch. Or:
The WREK studios are located on the second floor of the student center, towards the southwest of the Georgia Tech campus, west of Interstate 75/85 in downtown Atlanta.
If you are coming from the North, exit Interstate 75/85 at North Avenue, exit number 249D, turn right, and follow the directions below.
If you are coming from the South, exit Interstate 75/85 at Peachtree St/Pine St, exit number 249B, turn left to take West Peachtree north, and turn left onto North Avenue westbound, go past the Varsity, cross over Interstate 75/85 and follow the directions below. (GPS is often wrong.)
Going West on North Avenue
- Intersect Techwood Ave / Centennial Olympic Park Drive (same street). Don’t turn here; go straight 0.2 miles to a side street between some old buildings.
- Turn right on this street, Cherry St, located directly across from the Holiday Inn Express on North Avenue. If you’ve gotten to Tech Parkway, the next red light, you’ve gone too far.
- Turn left at the stop sign, onto Ferst Drive (it is a dead-end, you can ONLY turn left).
- Pass the Knight Building on your left, the Weber Building on the right. Continue past the Student Center to the marked paid parking area on your right with an attendant booth and pull in. If you leave the lot after (currently) 11 PM, the attendant leaves and you don’t have to pay.
- Go in the bank of doors to your right as you take a parking lot ticket, down the stairs, to the right through the Post Office and past our old stage, and up the stairs next to the barber shop to the station. The station will be on your right.
- Once you find the station and let them know you are here, you can start loading in; the new and wonderful venue is on your immediate right once you enter the building from the parking lot. (Don’t carry your stuff all the way to the station; the venue is much closer.)If you run into a problem, you can call the station at (404) 894-2468.