As the winter weather looks to give way soon, there are a lot of intriguing shows coming up in and around Atlanta including the first festival roundup. Before we get to What’s Up with What’s Going Down, though, just a quick notification or reminder that you can stream all WREK archives from the past two weeks by clicking on the schedule. Here at The Electric Boogaloo, we’ve also begun archiving beyond those two weeks for posterity’s sake. Find them all up in the clouds at our Mixcloud page.
Now without further ado, here’s what’s funky in the next few months:
- Georgia Soul Council - The Music Room – Thu. 2/27/14
- Mardi Gras Jam w/The Mar-Tans and Count M’butu – Drunken Unicorn – Sat 3/1/14
- Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics - The EARL - Fri. 3/14/14
- Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk – Terminal West – Fri. 3/21/14
- Aaron Neville – Cobb Energy Center - Thu. 3/27/14
- 404 Day (Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics, Killer Mike, The Difference Machine, more) – Edgewood District – 4/4/14
- Sweetwater 420 Fest (Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Galactic, more) – Centennial Olympic Park – Fri.-Sun. 4/18-20/14
- George Benson – Cobb Energy Center – Fri. 5/9/14
- Shaky Knees Fest (Charles Bradley, Alabama Shakes, more) – Atlantic Station - Fri.-Sun. 5/9-11/14
If you are a musician, promoter or other purveyor of funk and want your gig listed, first please be funky and subject to my discretion, but also email me firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
And of course, be sure and check us out every Thursday night from 11pm to midnight, listening live at 91.1 FM WREK in Atlanta or streaming at wrek.org for your chance at tickets to some of these shows!
Ivan Neville and Dumpstaphunk: