Lots of good stuff early on in ’14, so we’ll get right to What’s Up with What’s Going Down:
- Aaron Neville, Dirty Dozen Brass Band – Cobb Energy Center – Thu. 1/30/14
- Soul Rebels Brass Band – Center Stage – Fri. 1/31/14
- Heavy Chevy, Funky Knuckles, Amble (Good Foot Anniv. Show) – 529 – Sat. 2/1/14
- Gary Clark Jr. (opening for Kings of Leon) – Philips Arena – Wed. 2/5/14
- Alan Evans Trio, Georgia Soul Council - Smith’s Olde Bar - Fri. 2/7/14
- Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings - Variety Playhouse - Sat. 2/15/14
- Rhythm and Booze with Agent 45 – Elmyr – Sat. 2/15/14
- Ruby Velle Trio – Atkins Park Smyrna – Sat. 2/15/14
- St. Paul and the Broken Bones – The EARL - Sat. 2/22/14
- Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics - The EARL - Fri. 3/14/14
If you are a musician, promoter or other purveyor of funk and want your gig listed, first please be funky and subject to my discretion, but also email me email@example.com with details.
And of course, be sure and check us out every Thursday night from 11pm to midnight, listening live at 91.1 FM WREK in Atlanta or streaming at wrek.org for your chance at tickets to some of these shows!
Alan Evans Trio: