Archive for February, 2013
As you know Sub-Saharan Vibes has been working with two key African Music events coming to Atlanta. One of them starts this Thursday. That is Fela! The Musical which run at the Fox Theatre from this Thursday Feb 28 through an extended date of March 6. Check out www.foxtheatre.org or foxatltix.org for details.
It’s based on the life and music of Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
I’ve got an extra pair of tickets to the premiere. The first person who can tell me what the abbreviation O.D.O.O. which is the title of one of the two Fela songs that I played Monday on Sub-Saharan Vibes gets them. Just reply to email@example.com with your answer.
The other event is Hugh Masekela at the Rialto Center. That show is April 6 and we should have tickets to that event as well. https://tickets.rialtocenter.org/Public/show.asp
If you folks here of any other major African artist coming to Atlanta let me know. I’ll pass it around.
Take care folks. Stay Blessed.
Listen and learn today from 12-1pm to “Let’s Talk Business”, as EpiCenter (home of the Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame ) founder and host Mitch Schlimer focuses the show on “growth” as both featured guests know a lot about growing a company. Mitch’s first featured guest is Mike Gomez, who is a “Business Growth” specialist and the owner of the well respected company Allegro Consulting. Mitch’s second featured guest Gary Goerke, the entrepreneur behind his Michigan based company Clarity who knows plenty about growing a company, niching and much more.
- S.Korea National Anthem
- Hello it’s me 4men
- Gone not around any longer Sistar19
- Outsider Oetori
- The Boys Girls’ Generation
- shower of tears Baechigi
- Tears Leessang
- Monodrama Huh Gak ft. Yoo Seung Woo
- All I want is you Seo in Guk
- I’m Sorry CNBLUE
- It’s been so long Ra.D
- Gangam Style PSY
- 1440 Huh Gak
- Bongeunsa Temple Seoul Music Ensemble
- Dim Sum Seoul Music Ensemble
- The Blue House Seoul Music Ensemble
- P’ansori Simch’ongga Korean Folk Music Ensemble
- Song of Seoul Seoul Music Ensemble
- Kangwon Province Arirang Korean Folk Music Ensemble
- Kwansan Yungma Korean Folk Music Ensemble
- I’m A Loner C.N Blue
- As a Man Gummy
- Beat in Love Clazziquai Project
- Ali Farka Toure Bonde
- Pape & Cheikh Mariama
- Hugh Masekela Bajabula Bonke (The Healing Song)
- Fela Kuti O.D.O.O.
- Soweto Gospel Choir Ziyamazi’umelusi
- Fatoumata Diawara Kele
- Salif Keita Yamoe
- Mulatu Astatke Yegelle Tezeta
- Thomas Mapfumo & the Blacks Unlimited Chitima Ndikature
- Fela Kuti Fefe Naa Efe
- A Mhaire Bruineill – Bob Brozeman
- The Bay of Biscay – Karan Casey and John Doyle
- Back to Belfast – Bob Brozeman
- The Chemical Worker’s Song – Ron Angel
- Rising Mandolin – Foreign Feather
- The Old Maid in the Garrett – Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem
- Bard of Armagh – Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem
- D-Day Dodgers – Clancy Brothers
- Courtin in the Kitchen – Gaelic Storm
- Follow Me Up to Carlow – Planxty
- Johnny I hardly knew ye – Karan Casey
- Mo Ghile Mear – The Highland Sessions (Mary Black)
- Maria’s Wedding – Black 47
- The Parting Glass – Ed Sheeran