Lot’s of good shows coming up in and around the A-town. If you missed the (16th Annual!) Wheelbarrow Fest last week, you missed a helluva lineup. Apologies from the Boogie for leaving it off the rundown last week. But I hear the Noots, Funk Society and Col. Bruce (not to mention, with Grant Green Jr.) put on quite a show Saturday night. Here’s what’s coming up in the near future, ATLiens:
- Jason Allbright and Friends – The Nest – Sun 9/18/11
- Earth, Wind & Fire – Chastain Park Amphitheatre – Fri. 9/23/11
- Dâm-Funk – Drunken Unicorn – Wed. 10/5/11
- Etowah River Music Fest II (Vertigo Jazz Project, Uncle Joe’s Medicine Show, Georgia Soul Council, etc.) – Etowah River Campgrounds – Fri/Sat. 10/7/11-10/8/11
- Trombone Shorty – Center Stage – Sat. 10/15/11
- Medeski, Martin, & Wood – Variety Playhouse – Thur. 11/10/11
- Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk, Orgone, Yo Mama’s Big Fat Booty Band – Masquerade – Thur. 11/10/11
- New Mastersounds – Masquerade – Fri. 11/11/11
The Jason Allbright and Friends gig will be going on every Sunday night in the near future and will feature Jason on guitar, obviously. But he’ll be joined by Kevin Scott (Soulphonics, Col. Bruce, Atl. Funk Society) on bass and Duane Trucks (Atl Funk Societey, among others) on drums. There’s sure to be a host of guest players as well. That’s all for now.
Stay tuned, as always, for infrequent updates… You know that feeling!